Ok, we’ve hit halfway in this month’s blog carnival (kicked off here) and I thought I’d do a quick summary of what we’ve seen so far:
- Erik Jensen @ Wampus Country came up with an amazing d100 table for coming up with random backpack contents. (Some VERY creative bits in there!)
- Berin Kinsman @ Asparagus Jumpsuit discussed the fact that he doesn’t like backpacks “because they are an in-game manifestation of [his] least-favorite mechanic: encumbrance.” I have to agree – encumbrance is more bookkeeping than fun…
- A.L. @ Reality Refracted has a solid list of items for his usual “travel pack” in Legend of the Five Rings. His story about why he includes bleach is quite entertaining!
- Jack @ Jack’s Toolbox came up with a solid list of things that should be in a real-world backpack for running a RPG campaign. All his suggestions are solid!
- Shorty Monster offers two lists – one for his zombie survival pack and one for cyberpunk. The survival pack is no-nonsense and ready to rock!
- Mike @ Mike’s Mind put together a visual guide to everything in his gaming satchel. He’s definitely got all the necessities and then some.
- Jennifer @ Book Scorpion’s Lair offers three different lists: one for her Shadowrun doctor, one for her 7th Sea professor, and one for herself.
- Seth Drebitko @ Kobold Enterprise offers a couple of lists. One for the backpack his elven monk’s slave carries and one for his gaming bag.
I love that we’re seeing a great mix of details from different games and genres as well as some real-world lists!
The carnival will end on August 31st (but I’ll collect links through September 5th when I post the final list)… So there’s still plenty of time to get into the carnival.
Have a great week everybody and don’t forget your backpacks!