Yes, you read that right… Amazingly enough, September 15, 2011 marks the one year anniversary of Game Knight Reviews. It’s been an amazing ride so far and I look forward to seeing what the next year will bring! And yes, there are giveaways galore for you, but I want to get the boring stuff out of the way first. Trust me, it’s worth it!
- 160 posts
- 27,000+ page loads
- 22,000+ unique visits
- 340+ comments
- September 2010 saw 127 page loads and 68 unique visits
- August 2011 saw 5,000+ page loads and 4,100 visits
And none of that growth wouldn’t have been possible if you weren’t reading my posts and if kind RPG publishers weren’t offering their wares for review!
So first, I want to thank you, the readers for sticking with me over the last year. It took a few months for me to get my feet under me with a regular posting schedule, but eventually I hit my stride. Hopefully I’m bringing a fresh opinion of a few products you may or may not have heard about for your gaming. Hopefully I’m offering some food for thought every week with The Gassy Gnoll opinion column. And hopefully I am suggesting some great links elsewhere in the gaming blogoverse with other reviews, publisher news, more food for thought, and tools you can consider for your own use.
Second, I have to thank all the generous publishers who have sent me their products to review. It’s been fun working with so many talented writers, artists, and imaginative, driven people who want to offer their ideas to the roleplaying game community, whether they’re giving their hard work away or selling it at a fair price. Everyone I’ve talked to via e-mail, IM, or on the phone has been extremely kind and I thank them all for their time and energy!
Now, on to the good stuff!
When I sent out a note to some of the folks I’d worked with in the last year asking if they might be able to offer something I could give away to celebrate the first anniversary of the site, I was absolutely blown away by their generosity. Once again, I was humbled by the kindness of gamers across the board. A simple thank you doesn’t seem like enough to show my gratitude, but I hope to continue showing my appreciation with honest reviews of your products long into the future!
Do any two of the following:
- Subscribed to the Game
Knight Reviews RSS feed (sidebar near the top)
- Liked the Game Knight Reviews page on Facebook
- Subscribed to the Game Knight Reviews newsletter (sign-up form is on the sidebar towards the top)
- Followed the Game Knight Reviews Twitter feed
- One of ten PDF copies of Bleached Skull Gnolls for GMs or ten nine PDF copies of Bag of Tricks from Raging Swan Press
- A PDF copy of the Adventure Creation Handbook from rpgGM.com
- A hand-designed 3×5 NPC card from A. Miles Davis for Snake Clowntrain, MD – cards feature stats for GURPS, Pathfinder, Savage Worlds, and Hollowpoint (pick one or all four!)
- A PDF copy of Azamar from Wicked North Games
- The Amherth Product Bundle (PDF) from Small Niche Games at RPGnow – featuring the Chronicles of Amherth, and the adventures Atarin’s Delve, Inn of Lost Heroes, Blood Moon Rising, and Pyramid of the Dragon
- A PDF copy of Fantasy Craft, Second Printing from Crafty Games
- One two three copy of a bundle of the Masks and Eureka PDFs from Engine Publishing and the folks at Gnome Stew
- A PDF copy of Shanghai Vampocalypse from Savage Mojo
- A coupon for 50% off any product at Chaotic Shiny Productions
- A 25% coupon code from DriveThruRPG for All Stars Take on the Mega Dungeon from Gaming Paper
- A 15% off coupon for your entire order at the Pantheon Press Marketplace
- One of two $5.00 coupons good for any purchase at Petries’ Family Games in Colorado Springs, Colorado
The tough part will be picking just one of the three prizes above and I will be giving things away on a first-come, first-served basis. If none of the prizes you want are available when you enter, I will contact you directly to let you know what choices are left. And I’ll just work through the list until all the prizes are gone.
The deadline is September 21st, so you have seven days to get your entries in.
Again, thank you to All the folks who visit the site regularly and ALL the generous publishers, individuals, and DriveThruRPG for offering such a great selection of cool products to celebrate the anniversary of Game Knight Reviews!
- The Wait Is Over: Masks Is Now in Stock in Softcover! (gnomestew.com)
- Argyle & Crew release date: Thursday, September 1st! from Troll in the Corner ” Role Playing Games (trollitc.com)