For everyone in the United States, I wish you all a happy and safe Fourth of July celebration! (And I just wish everybody outside the United States a safe and happy day as well!)
A good friend of mine refers to July 4th as “National Explosives Day” and usually travels to a different state with more lenient laws on launching fireworks. Hopefully he can light all the small explosives he’d like today and keep safe while doing it!
I tried coming up with a gaming-related topic for today, but couldn’t come up with a good one. So I’ll point you at an article from last week that involved a group of goblins recovering a pile of fireworks for their chief…
Here are a couple of questions to answer in the comments :
- If you’re a GM, I wonder if you can come up with an example of how you’ve used fireworks in your game (past or present) or how you might explore using them in future games…
- If you’re a player, have you ever had the opportunity to shoot off fireworks as a PC? What were the particulars?
We’ll be back to our regularly scheduled articles starting tomorrow – but please enjoy the day if you have it off to celebrate National Explosives Day safely and happily!
- Firework Safety for the 4th of July (bizznesscard.wordpress.com)
- Connecticut Fireworks Displays for 2011 (wallingfordwired.com)
- July 4th Hometown Fireworks Celebration on Hollywood Beach (visitorsguidetohollywoodfl.com)
- Firework Season Is Here – Make Your Big Bang with Big Fireworks (prleap.com)
- Alternatives to fireworks for July 4th (gadling.com)