How can it possibly be Friday already? That means it must be time for some links, news, and reviews from around the interwebz!
Reviews, Tips and Food for Thought
- Over at the Diesel DM blog, there’s a great review of Sly Flourish’s Dungeon Master Tips from the Diesel DM himself. This may have to be a book I have to pick up!
- Troy Taylor over at Gnome Stew offers some strong advice for using fiction as a backdrop without railroading your players in Troy’s Crock Pot: Novels as backdrop, not backbone. Some great thoughts to consider.
- Dyson Logos’ maps never fail to offer inspiration and his Journey down the Dark One Mines does it again. How can you not look at that dungeon and not want to delve? And that article led me to About How to Host a Dungeon and I think I might have to pick up a copy of that as well!
- Dave Chalker over at Critical Hits offers his thoughts on an interesting panel at PAX East 2011 – House Rules and Stealing from Other Games in RPGs. We’re constantly influenced by the things we play and read, so how can we do anything but bring some of those influences home? Along
the same lines, Austin Kleon offers some thoughts on How to Steal Like an Artist – so gamers aren’t alone in this approach! Great food for thought!
- And Paul Jessup over at his blog brings up an interesting point to consider… Why does “Epic Fantasy” have to mean war? In his article he talks about tying epic fantasy to things of epic scope, but not war… It’s something to consider for those epic campaigns we all want to play or are playing.
- Wally Bahny from TechRepublic tells us what we already knew – Gamers make good employees!
- Looking for some good ways to organize your writing? Check out these tips from the Quips & Tips for Successful Writers blog – Writers, Stay Organized! 4 Organizational Tools for Writing!
What did I miss? Do you have a link I should include? Drop me a line at the GKR Contact page and let me know!
Have a great weekend!!
- The Banning of Dungeons & Dragons from The Labyrinth (rpglabyrinth.blogspot.com)
- D&D 5th Edition Preview: Really, Wizards? Really?! (gnomestew.com)
- Sound Advice for Just About Anyone from cbpye.net ” RPGs (cbpye.net)
- GM? DM? ST? GO? What’s In A Name? from Reality Refracted (realityrefracted.com)
- [XCrawl] Dungeon Judges from A character for every game (rpgcharacters.wordpress.com)