Yes, it’s Friday and that means it’s time again for a quick turn around the Interwebz to find some great content.
Before I start that, Happy GM’s Day! To honor the occasion, the great folks at RPGNow and DriveThruRPG have teamed up with a variety of great publishers to offer discounts on a wide selection of products. As I saw mentioned today, it’s tough to have a real tabletop gaming session without a gamemaster, so make sure you give thanks to yours! (The sale ends Monday, March 7th, so don’t wait TOO long! Be sure to shop here…)
And also as far as news from the great folks at RPGNow and DriveThruRPG – the New Zealand Earthquake effort raised more than $46,000 for the New Zealand Red Cross to help victims of the Christchurch Earthquake. Again, I’m in awe of the charity found in the RPG community. Great work for all involved and a big thank you to all the publishers who contributed products. What an amazing effort!
And now to the links!
- The latest RPG Blog Carnival has begun, hosted by Campaign Mastery. This month it’s a discussion of Life and Death in RPGs… Heady topics! Check out the root post here.
- Bartoneous over at Critical Hits has come up with some great tips on creating common fantasy buildings on the fly – inns and taverns! Check it out here.
- Brian Patterson at d20 Monkey gushes over the 4e adventure – Revenge of the Iron Lich. Sounds very cool! Read here.
- Over at Gnome Stew, Martin Ralya brings up a good question… Why are most U.S. gamers white and male? He raises some very interesting points here. The demographics alone are enlightening. How do we diversify the gamer population? (Though I have to say I’ve met more gaming ladies in the last several months than in the previous few years, so maybe it’s improving?)
- Paper & Plastic has done a brief review of Warrior, Rogue, & Mage that raises some good points. Check it out here.
- Sea of Stars RPG introduces a scary curse. Something like “locked-in” syndrome where you’re alive but can’t move, the afflicted is cursed to live in a daydream… [shudder] Read about it here.
- Also at the Sea of Stars, there’s a review of Legendary Weapons (for Pathfinder) from Purple Duck Games. I love the idea of magic items that grow in power as the wielder goes up in levels… Read more here.
Do you have something to contribute to the links list? Feel free to drop me a note at fitz (at) gameknightreviews (dot) com!
Have a great weekend!
- DriveThru RPG has Another Great Cause from The Labyrinth (rpglabyrinth.blogspot.com)
- DriveThruRPG reviews for February 20 – 26, 2011 from Icosahedrophilia (drchris.me)
- DriveThruRPG’s GM’s Day sale! All TC products 25% off until March 7th! from Troll in the Corner ” Role Playing Games (trollitc.com)
- New Zealand Red Cross Earthquake Relief from Tales From The Savage Troll (rptroll.blogspot.com)
- A helping hand for Christchurch! from Stargazer’s World (stargazersworld.com)